- How many participants will be attending the conference?
- This year, we will cap registration at 4,500 participants to deliver focused, high quality programming. Participation will be limited to current college students or college graduates so that admissions representatives will be speaking to an appropriate audience. High school students and their parents are not invited to the conference, but are invited to attend our one-day High School Pre-Health Symposium on Sunday, April 5th, 2020.
- Can High school students attend?
- High school students and/or their parents are not permitted to attend the conference. Conference participants will need to be 18 years of age. We will collect college registration/graduation information on the registration page.
High school students and their parents are not invited to the conference, but are invited to attend our one-day High School Pre-Health Symposium on Sunday, April 5th, 2020.
- What is the dress code for the event?
- We encourage you to dress business casual. However, keep in mind that you will be walking a lot. In addition, it may get warmer during the day. Generally, t-shirts and jeans should be avoided.
- Can I register the day of the conference?
- No, there will be no on-site registration.
Note: All participants will be required to wear a wristband to enter the conference events.
- How can I find the conference schedule of speakers?
- Please click "Attendees" at the top and on the right sidebar there is a list of "2019 Attendee Resources"
- Can I bring my parents or children to the event?
- Registration is limited to 4,500 participants. We ask that parents forego attending in order to make more room for other college students.
We do not prohibit supervised children from attending, but should your children create distractions during a presentation, you will need to remove them from the room. Children are not permitted to be at the conference unsupervised. There is no need to register children (under the age of 12), but they will not receive breakfast or lunch. Please plan accordingly.
- What if I require special accommodations?
- If you need any special accommodations during the conference, we will make every effort to provide them. Special accommodation requests can be made through the Special Accommodations Request Form.
Note: We have made every effort to ensure that there are food options available for all dietary requirements. Furthermore, the UC Davis Pre-Health Conference cannot provide assistance in terms of hotel accommodations.
- Will food be provided at the UC Davis Pre-Health Conference?
- Breakfast will be provided. For the 2020 conference, attendees have the option to purchase lunch to dine with a health professional or listen to a topic of their choice, or attendees can choose to bring their own lunch or purchase from one of our food trucks. More information can be found on the "Attendees" page. There will also be food trucks will be available near the Pre-Health Fair, and a designated break for lunch.
- What if I am coming from out of town and have no place to stay in Davis?
- The UC Davis Pre-Health Conference has worked with local hotels to set aside rooms for the conference. Please be sure to use the appropriate discount code when released to book your hotel directly with the establishment. For more information about hotel accommodations, click here.
- What are the transportation and parking options?
- Parking is available in the Pavilion Parking Structure next to Hutchinson Field; a daily parking pass costs $10. However, we encourage you to carpool or take Amtrak into Davis. For more information about travel and transportation click here.
For buses, please park in Lot 30, right behind the rec pool.
Note: Speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors will be emailed and/or mailed their parking pass and designated parking location.
- What should I bring?
- In order to check-in, you must have a printed copy of your ticket, a government-issued ID (A UC Davis ID is acceptable for UC Davis students), and a completed waiver. The Friday Night Conference Kick-Off requires a separate waiver from the Saturday Conference. We also suggest bringing something to write with to take notes during the workshops.
- How do I register for the conference?
- You can register for the 2019 Conference by clicking here.
- I registered, but cannot attend the conference. Can I receive a refund?
- We have significantly reduced the cost of the Pre-Health Conference ticket. We have also greatly reduced the group rate ticket cost. As such, we will not be offering refunds.
- Will there be any fee waivers?
- We are not issuing any fee waivers this year as we have significantly reduced the Conference ticket price. We would encourage you to keep an eye on our social media platforms and look out for upcoming sales.
- What if I am a registered UC Davis Student Organization buying group tickets?
- If you wish to have the amount billed directly to your organization's account, you should select the "Invoice" form of payment during check out. When you are contacted by Rosie, please provide her with your recharge account number.
- Is the Friday Night Conference Kick-Off included in my Saturday Conference ticket?
- No. Both events require two separate tickets. Attendees may purchase tickets to one or the other, or both. In Eventbrite, you will have the option to select one or the other or both.
- How do I become a sponsor?
- For the complete list of sponsorship opportunities that are available this year, click here. Once you have selected a sponsorship option, please visit our Eventbrite to complete your registration.
- What is different this year in regards to Exhibitors and Sponsorships?
- We have increased the amount of time that attendees will have to explore the Pre-Health Fair. There will still be a dedicated hour at the beginning of the day and in the afternoon in which the Fair is the only activity scheduled.
- Why am I being asked for the same information?
Due to the way that Eventbrite gathers information, we do not always have access to the information that you have entered. In order to process some of your requests, our team may require multiple contacts. We have done the best that we can to reduce the amount of information you are required to enter and streamline the registration process.
Note: If you have additional questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I no longer wish to exhibit at the conference?
If you decide not to exhibit in the Fair, cancellations must be made in writing to UC Davis Pre-Health Conference. For cancellations on or before September 30, 2020, refunds may be issued. NO REFUNDS will be given for cancellations after September 30, 2020.
- When is the last date to ship materials to UC Davis by?
If the Sponsor would like to ship materials for use at the Pre-Health Fair, all shipped materials must be received by Tuesday, October 13, 2020. The shipping address is UC Davis Pre-Health Conference, Central Receiving, 615 Hopkins Rd. Davis, CA 95616.
- If the package I am purchasing only includes a regular table at the Fair, how can I upgrade to a premium table?
The only way to upgrade to a premium table is to purchase package option #14 which includes a premium table.
- Is there a way for my organization to purchase single items from a specific package?
Unfortunately, we no longer offer an al la carte system where sponsors can pick which items they want. All items in the package will be sold together. If you wish to purchase one item from one package and one item from another, you must purchase both packages.
Didactic Workshop Questions
- What are Didactic Workshops?
- Didactic workshops are lecture-style presentations or question-and-answer panels on a wide range of topics
- What kinds of Didactic Workshops will be at the conference?
- A variety of didactic workshops will be available at the conference from lecture-style presentations to panels where participants can ask questions directly to health professionals and admissions representatives. More information about workshop topics and schedules will be released closer to the conference date.
Interactive Workshop Questions
- What are Interactive Workshops?
- Interactive workshops teach attendees different techniques used in various healthcare fields in a hands-on manner.
- When can I obtain my Interactive Workshop tickets?
- Interactive Workshop tickets can be obtained on the day of conference during the morning registration, and this is on a first come first serve basis. Interactive tickets will be given separately from the general Conference registration ticket.
- Will all Interactive Workshops be ticketed?
- No, there will be Interactive Workshops that will be non-ticketed, and they will be listed on the program.
- How many Interactive Workshops can I attend?
- Each attendee can attend one Interactive Workshop.
- Do I have to pay for Interactive Workshop tickets?
- No, the cost of attendance and supplies is included in your general conference ticket.
Pre-Health Fair Questions
- What Health Professions will be included in the fair?
We are looking forward to having as many different professions represented as possible. We expect to have schools and programs from allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, naturopathic medicine, chiropractic medicine, international medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, physical and occupational therapies, and veterinary medicine.
- What is included with the purchase of a table at the fair?
Each purchase will come with ONE six-foot table and two chairs. Exhibitors will also be provided with parking passes, a breakfast and lunch meal, and name tags. Additional meals from the food trucks will NOT be covered. Exhibitors will have the choice to participate in a "Dine with a Health Professional" luncheon or have boxed lunch at their table.
Note: If you would like to bring more than two representatives to the conference, each additional representative will cost $50 each.
- How many tables am I allowed to purchase?
- There is no limit to the number of tables you wish to purchase.
- When is the last date to ship materials to UC Davis by?
If the Sponsor would like to ship materials for use at the Pre-Health Fair, all shipped materials must be received by October 13, 2020. The shipping address is UC Davis Pre-Health Conference, Central Receiving, 615 Hopkins Rd. Davis, CA 95616.