About the Symposium
- How many people will be attending the Symposium?
- The 2019 Symposium will host up to 600 attendees. Space is limited and is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so please register as soon as possible. Registration will be open until April 6th, 2019.
- Who is eligible to attend the Symposium and for whom is the Symposium designed?
- While the Symposium is open to all high school students, faculty, advisors/counselors, and parents, it is designed for current high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Please note that due to limited space, access to any interactive workshops will be given to students first.
- Where is the symposium located?
- The symposium will be held at California Hall this year. Please see our Directions and Parking page for details. Please note that the location is different from previous years.
- What is the dress code for the event?
- We strongly encourage you to dress in business casual attire. Generally, jeans and t-shirts should be avoided. Note: Average temperature in Davis, CA, during April is around 70°F.
- What should I bring?
- In order to check-in, you must have a printed copy of your ticket, a valid form of ID (i.e., students and school staff/faculty must show their school ID), and a completed waiver form. We also suggest bringing something to write with to take notes during the workshops, along with water and anything else you anticipate needing.
- What if I require special accommodations?
- If you need any special accommodations during the symposium, we will make every effort to provide them. For specific requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7th, 2019, at 11:59 pm PST. Requests received after the deadline may be significantly more difficult to accommodate, so please contact us as soon as possible.
- Are meals provided?
- Lunch will be provided during the symposium. You must show your lunch card, which you will be given when you check-in, to receive it.
- I have dietary restrictions. Will there be different food options?
- Yes. We will have different lunch options to accommodate various dietary restrictions. Please specify your dietary restrictions when you register.
- Can I bring a parent to the event?
- Parents may attend the event; however, please note that the symposium is designed for and targeted towards high school freshmen, sophomores, and seniors. Note: Parents MUST also have a ticket to take part in the symposium.
- Will you be offering campus tours?
- No, if you would like a campus tour, please visit Visitor Services.
- Is there a registration fee?
- There is a $25 registration fee per person. All attendees MUST have their tickets on the day of the symposium.
Registration fee includes the following:
Access to student and parent workshops
Access to interactive activities
- Is there a fee waiver
- If finances are an issue for you and conflicts with your ability to attend this symposium, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- Is group registration available?
No; however, we do highly encourage participants from the same school to attend as a group.
Please let us know if you are unable to attend so that those on the waitlist may be contacted.
- Can I register the day of the Symposium?
- No. There will be no on-site registration. You must register through Eventbrite by April 8th, 2018. For more information on registration and to register, click here.
- I registered, but I am no longer able to attend. Can I receive a refund?
- Registration refunds can be given until March 15th, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. PST, and a Refund Request Form must be submitted. Please plan accordingly. Refunds will not be given after this date.
- Is there a waitlist?
- A waitlist will open once all open spots have been filled. If a ticket becomes available, those on the waitlist will be emailed in the order of sign-ups received. Those contacted will be given 72 hours to claim their ticket.
- Where can I find the workshop topics and schedule?
- The workshops topics and schedule can be found here.
- What should I do if the workshop I want to attend is full?
- Unfortunately, space is limited and workshops are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please look over the workshop schedule and have a backup workshop in mind.
What should I do if the workshop I want to attend is full?
- Will there be any workshops for parents?
- Since the symposium is designed specifically for high school students, we do not guarantee that there will be parent workshops.
- Where are the workshops located?
- The workshops will be help in Wellman Hall. Please see the workshop schedule for specific locations.