Frequently Asked Questions
About the Symposium
- How many people will be attending the Symposium?
The 2017 Symposium will host up to 500 attendees. Space is limited and is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so please register as soon as possible. Registration will be open until April 1st, 2017.
- Who is eligible to attend the Symposium?
The Symposium is open to all high school students, faculty, advisors/counselors, and parents. Please note that due to limited space, access to interactive workshops will be given to students first.
- What is the dress code for the event?
We encourage you to dress in business casual attire. Generally, jeans and t-shirts should be avoided. Note: Average temperature during April is around 70°F.
- What should I bring?
In order to check-in, you must have a printed copy of your ticket and a completed waiver form. We also suggest bringing something to write with to take notes during the workshops.
- What if I require special accommodations?
If you need any special accommodations during the symposium, we will make every effort to provide them. For specific requests, contact email@example.com by April 1st, 2017, at 11:59 pm PST. Requests received after the deadline may be significantly more difficult to accommodate, so please contact us as soon as possible.
- I have dietary restrictions. Will there be different food options?
Yes. We will have different lunch options to accomodate various dietary restrictions. Please specify your dietary restrictions when you register.
- Can I bring a parent to the event?
Yes. Parents are welcome to attend the event. We will be hosting workshops specifically for parents, which we highly encourage any parent participants to attend.
- Will you be offering campus tours?
No. If you would like a campus tour, please visit Visitor Services.
- Is there a registration fee?
There is a $25 registration fee per person. Registration fee includes the following:
Access to student and parent workshops
Access to interactive activities
- Is there a fee waiver?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer any fee waivers for the upcoming symposium.
- Is group registration available?
No; however, we do highly encourage participants from the same school to attend as a group.
- Can I register the day of the Symposium?
No. There will be no on-site registration. You must register through Eventbrite by April 1st, 2017. For more information on registration and to register, click here.
- I registered, but I am no longer able to attend. Can I receive a refund?
Registration refunds can be given until March 9th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST, and a Refund Request Form must be submitted. Please plan accordingly. Refunds will not be given after this date.
- Where can I find the workshop topics and schedule?
The workshop schdedule can be downloaded here.
- What should I do if the workshop I want to attend is full?
Unfortunately, space is limited and workshops are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please look over the workshop schedule and have a backup workshop in mind.
- Will there be any workshops for parents?
Yes. Parent workshops will be hosted in Sciences Lecture Hall 123.